The Unison Preservation Society was incorporated in 2001 to help protect and preserve the historic village and surrounding countryside of Unison.
The village was founded in the early 1730's as one of the first settlements in Loudoun County, Virginia.
We invite you to browse our website for information on
- Unison's history in brief
- The village itself which includes the houses, businesses, legal documents, cemeteries, schools, churches, etc)
- Unison in the Civil War
- Current Unison events and Heritage Day
- National Battlefield study in the Unison area
- How you can help promote the
preservation and celebration of our culturally rich heritage.
In 2017 we presented an online article - researched and written by one of our local authors - of the old Unison-Bloomfield School. It enjoyed such a great reception that
we felt it deserved a link on the home page for website visitors to enjoy
the unique and richly written story of the school along with a wealth of incredible, little seen old photographs going back to 1919, all
devoted the school's rich and colorful 33 year history.
To Read the Article Please Click Here
Unison-Bloomfield High School - 1917-1944
Photo prior to 1934